- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- Prepare 3 Cups of strawberries by removing tops and rinse
- Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor. We have a Vitamix and it works amazing!
- Cook strawberries on medium heat, in deep pot until bubbling starts
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Cook 10 more minutes stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t thicken on the bottom
- Remove pot from burner and pour mixture onto a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. The thinner more even the covering on the parchment paper the better your results will be. The thicker areas take longer to cook so if it’s uneven the thinner layers will burn.
- (Note use parchment paper not wax paper)
- Place cookie sheet with mixture in oven and bake at 170 for 3 hours or until tacky to the touch
- Remove cookie sheet let cool
- Cut into strips using a pizza cutter (i.e. 1” Wide x 18” Length)
- Either peel off and eat immediately or roll up and save for later!
I’ve used this exact recipe with peaches (8 per batch-peeled) and blueberries (4 containers) as well. I’ve also combined the blueberries and strawberries! I hear they taste great but usually can’t get to them fast enough to try! Let me know what you think!